Just a reminder Mass Intentions are always welcome (and greatly appreciated). Fr. Alex offers Holy Mass every day, even when the shrine is closed. Mass Intentions are one of the principle ways the shrine is sustained.
Please consider a “Renovation Donation” to help us reach our goal of $250,000 to upgrade our shrine infrastructure. The renovation is not luxurious extras but essentials like our parking lot, handicap ramp and front entrance—all in various forms of decay. If you do not receive a Christmas Appeal about the renovation in the next 10 days or so, please let Fr. Alex know. As a volunteer-run organization that is not supported by the Archdiocese nor the Franciscans, we rely completely on our Heavenly Father’s providence and your donations.
Upcoming events are listed below—all to take place in St. Joseph Chapel (400 South Blvd. West, Pontiac, MI 48341). Evening events begin at 7:00 pm (with the exception of Dec. 31) with Exposition and doors opening at 6:30 pm. Not all December dates are listed—just some key ones.
- (Sat. Dec. 4) First Saturday
- (Tues. Dec. 7) 7:00 pm Vigil Mass for Solemnity/Holy Day of the Immaculate Conception: “Teaching Tuesday” Bible Study will follow: Scott Hahn’s Understanding the Scriptures: Chapters 7-8
- (Wed. Dec. 8) Solemnity/Holy Day of Obligation of the Immaculate Conception: A short healing service with the relic of the True Cross will follow Mass. Healing Teams will be available in the Lower Level as we seek special graces on this most special Marian day.
- (Dec. 8) 7:00 pm Showing of the movie, “Bridge of Roses” (Lower Level) to be followed by another opportunity for healing.
- (Thurs. Dec. 9) Holy Hour for Priests at 7:00 pm (2nd Thursday of the month)
- (Sat. Dec. 11) Franciscan Advent Talk: “The Incarnation and Prayer” at 2:00 pm in Lower Level (David Seitz, OFS)
- (Tues. Dec. 14) “Teaching Tuesday”: 7:00 pm Mass & Bible Study: Hahn’s Understanding the Scriptures: Chapters 9-12 (We will complete the rest of chapters next year.)
- (Mon. Dec. 20) Evening of Reparation: 7:00 pm Rosary & Mass (3rd Monday of the month)
- (Dec. 21-30) SHRINE CLOSED: Christmas Break
- (Fri. Dec. 31) 5:00 pm Vigil Mass for Mary, Mother of God: This is Our Lady’s premier feast day and thus is a solemnity and Holy Day but not of obligation because it falls on a Saturday.
- (Sat. Jan. 1) First Saturday: Solemnity/Holy Day of Mary, Mother of God: Noon Mass (close early at 2:00 pm)
To communicate with me, email me at email@example.com or call/text me at (313) 727-9784. God bless you!
In Jesus, Mary & Joseph,
Fr. Alex Kratz, OFM
Spiritual Director of Terra Sancta Ministries